Sunday, 16 December 2012
Comedy Editing: Assembly
After labelling the footage I wanted to use, I started on an assembly. I created a new sequence (and ensured they were set to the correct settings this time to avoid the problems I faced in the non-sync drama project). And placed particular shots and sound bites in the order I wanted them to show on screen. Some over-lap, showing reverse-shots of conversation as well as cutaways, which will take affect within the rough cut of the edit.
I noticed some problems with the footage, for example some scenes weren't continuous when the shot was changed - a character would have a hat on in the close up and off in the long shot, so I thought it would be interesting to work through this and work out how I was going to make the edit work without making the edit 'visible' through discontinuity.